Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ippudo -- Japanese Cuisine

Ippudo is known for their authentic ramen. It's located on 4th ave and
E10th st in manhattan.

The food is good, the service is topnotch and their décor is something
else to brag about. Beautiful frosted glass panels separate the
booths, creating a nice intimate and almost private feel. I love the
front bar area where the wall is mirrored, and they lined it with
wooden bricks...gives it a modern but ethnic feel. I really like it!

I was still full from a heavy lunch so I only ordered the spicy wings,
(they were ok...a little hard at the edges), but my friend let me try
some of her ramen and I'm pretty sure I'll be back for some of the
shoyu ramen. The soup was amazing! Oh, and the waitress recommended a
bottle of unfiltered sake, which was delicious...sweet and almost
creamy.

The place looks really cute, and the staff greets you in Japanese when
you're being seated. I think it would be a great place to bring
friends, or a date. Although I would come early, it's a pretty popular
place, and we waited 45mins to be seated. But trust me, it's worth it!

No comments: